Filing a Complaint

Complaints against lenders and brokers:

If you would like to lodge a complaint against a Federal bank click here:

If you would like to lodge a complaint with the State of California against another mortgage lender, a mortgage broker, or a real estate appraiser start by clicking the link below to look up information about their California license and which California department issued it:

CA Real Estate and Financial Services License Status Check Logo

Helpful tip: If you are looking up an individual, type their last name followed by a comma and then their first name like this: smith, john

Once you have identified which California department issued the license in question and you have the license number click on link to the appropriate licensing department below to make a complaint: