Owning a Home
Fannie Mae's "For Home Buyers " Homeowners" section offers content, tools, and resources -- all in one convenient place:
Freddie Mac offers an online guide to the home buying process:
- California Tenants: A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' Rights and Responsibilities
- The Center for California Homeowner Association Law
Building Credit in Your Home
Freddie Mac also offers a curriculum to help consumers understand, build and maintain better credit:
MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are planning to buy a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401k, the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you do it better. Throughout the site, you will find important information from 20 federal agencies government wide.
The CSLB Website provides a wide range of tools to help you have a better experience when you hire a contractor and make sure the job is done right. Learn the steps you need to take to select a licensed and qualified contractor, check a contractor's license, negotiate a clear contract, prevent disputes and mechanic's lien, or resolve disputes with the contractor if they arise.
What you should know before you hire a landscaper.
- Alarm Company Fact Sheet PDF format
- Hiring Security Services Fact Sheet PDF format
- Locksmith Fact Sheet PDF format
- Putting Your Home on the Loan Line is Risky Business
- Home Equity Credit Lines
- Home Equity Loans: Buyer Beware
- Reverse Mortgage: Get the Facts Before Cashing in on Your Home's Equity
- Reserve Mortgage - Is it right for you?